Rites of Spring (Break) warnings
· Shouting “Arriba arriba!” or “Qué paaaasa, Mexico!?” at random passersby will not make you any friends.
· Drinking yourself into a state of belligerent idiocy is probably a good way to meet American girls, but not such a good way to keep your ass from getting beaten.
· If you insist on beads, foam parties and giant sequined sombreros, you forfeit all rights to be taken seriously. Hooting, whistling and wadded up newspaper thrown at your head may all occur, but don’t say we didn’t warn you.
· If a man in a dark alley beckons to you, it is not going to be “a cultural experience.” Walk away.
· So we support drugs and sex in theory (at least, we’ve heard they’re pretty fun?) but really, listen to your government- stay away from drugs and hookers. You’re already out of your element just by being in a foreign country, no need to go skipping into the seedy, ungoverned underbelly.
· No demands to see “the donkey show.” Just…no.
Mexfile’s annual warning…