Skip to content

Rivera was nutz, but this dude’s crazzzzzzzzy!

4 September 2009

rivera-hombre-en-la-encruci

I haven’t seen U.S. television in several years now, so my idea of toxic television was limited to the merely spiteful,  like Lou Dobbs and Bill O’Reilly.  Little did I suspect that major U.S. television networks gave air time to the completely insane, like this guy going on about the Rockefellers, commies, and Diego Rivera.

By the way, the Rockefeller Center mural was never finished.  It was only about two-thirds finished when the Rockefellers canceled the project specifically because they objected to an image of Lenin, and had the work destroyed before the building was open to the public.

I’m not sure why the guy is including it is his commie propaganda tour of New York.  Rivera’s smaller version of Man at the Crossroads (to which he added some unflattering caricatures of the Rockefellers — John D. and John D. Junior — is, of course, in the Palacio de Bellas Artes across from Parque Alameda in Mexico City.  Walk up the stairs and turn left.

8 Comments leave one →
  1. Bob permalink
    4 September 2009 12:52 pm

It’s almost too silly to comment on, but yeah, his mind is gone.

2. Dan Herzer permalink
    5 September 2009 12:40 pm

Crazy like a Fox (pun intended.) This guy is one of the most watched people in the USA. Bob he is not silly, it is much more insidous than that. His show doesn’t need to be logical, because the purpose is to implant certain ideas into the general public. Notice that he lumps fascists, communists and PRGRESSIVES

3. Dan Herzer permalink
    5 September 2009 12:58 pm

Sorry about the double post, my fingers sometimes betray me.
    Crazy like a Fox (pun intended.) This guy is one of the most watched people in the USA. Bob, he is not silly, the reality is much more insidous than that. His show doesn’t need to be logical, because the purpose is to implant certain ideas into the general public. Notice that he lumps fascists, communists and fascists into the same camp. The idea is to make people believe that there is some kind of long term grand conspiracy by those “others” (which includes that Kenyan born half African American President) to take over the USA. This approach is VERY effective. John McCain’s 2000 presidential campaign was derailed by the implication that he had fathered a bi-racial child, a child he and his wife had in fact adopted. I would be less concerned if the USA (and the world) had not recently endured 8 years of the Texas two-step orchestrated by this approach.

4. Dan Herzer permalink
    5 September 2009 1:01 pm

Dang, still can’t edit properly.
    It should read, “lumps fascists, communists and PROGRESSIVES…”

5. 7 September 2009 10:19 pm

Glenn Beck is no more qualified to comment on art than is my dog.

In fact, I’d pick my dog over Beck any day.

6. 7 September 2009 10:20 pm

(And both my cats, too.)

7. Bob permalink
    8 September 2009 10:55 am

Point taken Dan. I’m guilty of becoming weary not wary. Time to light the fires again.

Trackbacks